(HWY 7 & HWY 27) VAUGHN, ONTARIO
CONTINENTAL DAY SHIFT
Pliteq® is a leading innovator of products manufactured for the built environment using scrap polymers diverted from landfills. Trusted by global architects, builders, engineers, contractors and acoustical consultants for products which are engineered for superior performance, backed by third party test data and recognized for their sustainable credentials. This makes Pliteq one of the preeminent global engineering resources.
Our mission is to be the largest recycler of scrap polymers in the world by being in or around every new building constructed globally. This will be achieved by designing, testing and manufacturing more innovative and sustainable products which provide the same superior performance and that continue to divert scrap away from landfills.
Essentially, we want to help save the environment one tire at a time!
WORKING AT PLITEQ
Staying Positive, Fighting Hard and always Supporting Our Teammates are our core values and we provide a cultivating, people centric environment that for the right person can mean the potential for fast personal growth and recognition. We encourage free thinking without bureaucracy and do not believe in keeping people in their boxes and with that some of our best ideas have come from all areas of the company. With 3 international offices located in the UK, UAE and Singapore, we like to think of ourselves as one big international family. This also means the Pliteq team is diverse and our values transcend borders.
In 2019, Pliteq was recognized as one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies and has been named one of Canada’s Fastest Growing Companies in 2018, 2019 & 2020.
We look for people who inherently like to go above and beyond, are purpose-driven, enjoy a fast pace, don’t get stressed when needing to pivot, strive for growth and are just awesome people to work and play with.
Sound good so far? Let's dive into the opportunity...
We're Hiring for Continental Day Shift
- Continental Day Shift: 8:00am - 8:00pm
- Starting Salary: $18.75 /hour
- Continental Day Shift Premium: $0.50 /hour
- Work 7 (12 hour) days every 2 weeks
- Work every other weekend
Continental Shift Schedule
- Week 1: Monday, Tuesday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday
- Week 2: Wednesday, Thursday
- Schedule rotates between the 2 weeks above
What You Get To Do:
- Work as a team to achieve production, quality and safety goals
- Assemble handmade products that are made from recycled material (e.g. FIS, FF Panels)
- Operate production equipment including; mixers, production presses, cylinder press, peeling machines, rewinding machines, convoluters, laminators, regrind and screening line
- Strive for creating the highest quality products
- Review products for quality and conformance standards and reporting issues to supervisor
- Reduce and/or eliminate scrap and inefficiencies by identifying problems and possible corrective measures
- Operate forklift safely upon successful completion of training
- Operate overhead bridge crane safely upon successful completion of training
- Complete required documentation (e.g., production reports, forklift inspections, crane inspections, etc.)
- Ensure work areas are clean, organized and safe from any hazards
- Participate in accident investigations and work refusals
- Attend work related training
- Ensure the efficiency of the machine by organizing and disseminating expectations for production and quality
- Troubleshoot common production issues pertaining to the machines
- Report production activities in the ERP system
- Report production quantities, durations, material usage, material determination into NetSuite
- Provide “on the job training”, including training on NetSuite to new employees
- Follow human resources, environmental health and safety, and Pliteq policies
- Complete “hand-off” to the subsequent shift, with a focus on production concerns, crucial work instructions, and communication
- Label all material used and produced
- Place products into designated inventory bins both physically as well as in NetSuite software
- Wrap, strap and correctly label all materials used and produced
- Investigate, read, and understand all work instructions and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for product being run
- All other duties as required
What We Are Looking For:
- Secondary Education or equivalent experience
- At least one year of manufacturing experience or equivalent
- Work a 12 hour continental shift
- Lift up to 50 lbs on a repetitive basis
- Work every other weekend
- Stand for 12 hour shifts
- Follow work instructions and take initiative
- Clear criminal record check required
- Company paid comprehensive group benefits plan; including medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- Unionized work environment with great job security
- Professional growth opportunities
Pliteq is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process. Applicants are asked to make their needs/requirements known to Human Resources.